UDX-Leads allows an organization to collect information about anonymous visitors to their website and turn that information into named leads.
- We collect Web Traffic to your website.
- We convert that traffic into Names, Addresses, Emails and Phone Numbers.
- We rank each visitor according to how well they match our database records.
Website traffic collection with UDX-Leads involves the placement of a Site Visitor Attribution tag (SVA). The tag is tiny bit of code that can be copied during the registration process and then pasted into the header code of the HTML of your website. It looks like the following:
<img src="https://udxsva.com/tag?id=XXXXX" style="display:none !important;" />
The tag collects the IP and device information for each individual visitor and the pages they go to on your website. The information it collects is automatically transferred to a secure cloud server in encrypted form. The raw file is secure behind an account that is only accessible in summary form through your UDX-Leads login after traffic has been matched.
UDX-Leads matches the IP address to household or business information contained in Semcasting's proprietary Smart Zones database.
UDX-Leads compares the IP addresses and other information collected in Semcasting's proprietary Smart Zones database by matching the IP Address to household or business information that is already in our database.
When a match is made – each match is scored for its accuracy. A Confidence Factor is assigned through the UDX-Leads workflow based on a series of criteria that determines whether the IP is a Direct, Indirect, or Shared Match to a household or business. The method of assigning the Confidence Factor is described below.
How to Use an SVA Tag
An SVA Tag is unique to every website. It logs the unique IP addresses of website visitors.
This SVA image tag must be placed just after the
<body> tag on all your web pages.
SVA Tags can be implemented in two ways:
1. Adding the UDX Tag to Your HTML Code
You'll want to put the UDX Tag on every page of your website. Most websites have a header file that is
already on every page of your website. In the header file locate the opening
<body> tag and paste the
UDX Tag code directly after it. You'll be able to manage which pages are tracked from within UDX-Leads.
2. Adding the Tag Using Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is a popular service that keeps all your website pixels in one place. UDX Tags can be easily implemented with Google Tag Manager. When creating a new tag, select Custom HTML Tag and add in your unique UDX Tag code. Assign it to all pages.
How to Read UDX-Leads Results
Each Day, Week, or Month depending on your subscription, you will automatically be emailed a report with a zip file containing a spreadsheet of newly generated leads.
The format of the email and the file:
- Unique IPs
- How many unique IPs were identified during the report period
- Matched Locations
- How many of those IPs mapped to a directly identifiable business or household
- Shared IP Ranges
- Range of IPs that support more than one business or household
- Match Rate
- Number of IP that were counted as direct matches
- Consumer Matches
- Number of Persons matched
- Business Matches
- Number of Businesses matched
- Number of unique zip+4s matched
- Zip Codes
- Number of Zip Code matched
- Number of Cities matched
- Number of States (U.S.) / Provinces (Canada) matched
The Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Email will be accompanied by a CSV file that can be loaded into Excel or to a Text Editor. The CSV file will contain the following columns:
Each time we match an IP address we assign it a Confidence Factor between 1 and 10. A high Confidence Factor indicates a high quality Lead.
Our proprietary algorithm assigns Confidence Factors based on:
- The timeliness of the IP assignment (on certain devices the IP Address will change on regular basis).
- The type of match: mobile location, static network, shared network.
- The accuracy of the match. We may identify an Individual Person, a Household or a Shared Network.
- How much data we can associate with the IP address: gender, age, income, industry, email, phone number, etc.
- Your Direct Input. You can target specific industries and locations, to identify the most relevant Leads for your business.
UDX-Leads will filter out the junk for you. Only Leads with a Confidence Factor of 5 or higher are sent to your inbox.
No Cost for Shared Matches: When a match is part of an IP address range that is shared with other households or businesses, it is classified as a Shared Match. Shared Matches usually occur in congested locations like apartment buildings, strip malls, and large businesses. These Matches may be valuable for identifying trade areas or industry specific Lead generation; however, since they are not Direct Matches, they DO NOT COUNT against your monthly allotment of Leads.